Book Check-in and Check-out Procedures
- Every student is permitted to check-out two books each week, as long as they return the two books they previously checked out.
- If they only return one book, they can still check-out one book.
- If they do not bring return any books, they will be unable to check-out new books that week.
- If a student wants to renew their book(s), they do not have to bring the book back to school to do so. They can simply hand me their library card during class and I can renew it on the computer.
- I request that students return their books the DAY BEFORE they have library because it makes check-out smoother and helps to better circulate our books. Homeroom teachers will select a student to be the “book runner” each week and roll down the class’s books in a cart the day before library.
- If a book, is lost or damaged, it must be paid for to clear the student’s account. We request that all payments are checks written to “East Greenwich Schools” for the exact amount specified.
- If a book is LOST, the cost of a replacement book will be required.
- If it is DAMAGED, depending on the amount of damage, either a minimal fine or the cost of a replacement will be required.